Special Announcement

Discuss Father Lange

Special Announcement

Postby paulgill » 08 Feb 2010 0927

Genlemen:

I am pleased to announce that FLAB (the Fr.Lange Advisory Board) has chosen this woman to be our Guest of Honor at the upcoming First Annual Fr.Lange's Gym Reunion.
julie-christie.jpg
julie-christie.jpg (22.04 KiB) Viewed 4528 times

Miss Christie will be flying into Burlington (VT) International Airport on April 15, where I will pick her up and drive her (slowly, with frequent rest stops) to Chateaux le Monque, in Granger, Indiana. There, she will listen raptly to tales of derring-do by legions of former Fr.Lange's gym physical culturists, and will ask to "feel the muscle" of those "boys" whom she feels have kept themselves in truly superb, not to say pristine, condition. That evening (by her request, of course, out of security concerns) she will stay with me in my old graduate school digs in the basement of the old Biology Building greenhouse. (Monk, please make sure the exterminator sprays the place for cockroaches before Miss Christie arrives.)

On Saturday afternoon, Julie will preside over the official kickoff of our weekend by manning the Fr.Lange's Gym PR booth in front of Entrance 9 of Notre Dame Stadium. FLAB feels confident that vast numbers of passing ND alums of a certain age (i.e., old enough to have studied at Fr.Lange's Laboratory of Muscular Contraction) will stop by to chat with Miss Christie and become members of the Fr.Lange Memorial Fund Campaign Honor Roll by donating $1000 each. FLAB anticipates that by kickoff of the Blue-Gold game we will have taken in funds sufficient to commission a 15' high bronze statue of Fr.Lange, portrayed lifting a 500# barbell overhead while attired in his standard lifting garb, which will be sited immediately to the south of the Administration Building.

On Saturday night, Miss Christie (Julie baby to me) will attend the First Annual "Blow the Roof Off the Chateau Party" at Mr. Monk Forness's domicile, followed by a midnight dip in St.Joseph's Lake with all of the "boys" who don't mind staying up so late. Immediately after the swim, she will accompany me back to the greenhouse. The next morning, after a farewell lunch at Legends, where Miss Christie will be honored to sample the legendary "BHB" sandwich, she will depart with me for the long return drive back to Vermont.

Rather than fly back to Britain, Miss Christie (Lara to me), will be my guest on Dream On, my private yacht, as we leisurely make our way down Lake Champlain, to the Hudson River, and thence to Merry Old England.
image-3.jpg
image-3.jpg (29.01 KiB) Viewed 4492 times

Sorry, gentlemen, but Dream On is fully-crewed, and we are not taking applications for cabin boy at present.

Paul
paulgill
Site Admin

Re: Special Announcement

Postby monk » 08 Feb 2010 0927

Hey, Julie baby!

All I gotta say is... forget all those twinkies I named in my will. You can have those millions of dollars if you'll only do to me what all the other FLABs have dreamed you would do to them....

Monky Poooh

P.S. To hell with applying for a position as cabin boy on the Dream On. I'd just like to be that railing you're leaning on!!!
monk

Postby paulgill » 08 Feb 2010 0927

Dear Monky Pooh:

If you are very nice, and make Dr.Gill the sole beneficiary of your will, I might consider letting you play shuffleboard with me on Dream On.

Julie
paulgill
Site Admin

Postby edfitzpatrick » 09 Feb 2010 0927

Well, that caps it for me. I was sure Father Lange had a couple of designated targets to practice his fribee style 10 pound plate throwing. You two were obviously them. I mean, comeon will ya, Julie Christie? My vote is for Rachel Welch. I only got popped on the noggin by the 5 pound plates. :twisted:
edfitzpatrick

Return to Father Lange