called Fr Jenkins office

A place for boys to brag about their weightlifting accomplishments.

called Fr Jenkins office

Postby ironman » 06 Apr 2010 0927

spoke to jean, his administrative aid: told her i was on the nd website, faith and service page, and quoted fr jenkins to her "...But we also foster and celebrate a distinctive mission to be a Catholic university, inspired and guided by a great spiritual tradition."
Reverend John I. Jenkins, C.S.C., President

i said an invite to speak is one thing, an honorary degree is another. in this day of Talk Talk Talk i have less problem with the commencement speech than i do with the symbol of approval, the degree. i said fr jenkins couldn't have it both ways, to be true to a great spiritual tradition, or to be supportive of the president's position.

i said i would be on campus in two weeks, happy to meet with jenkins and talk it over.

maybe when we meet with officlals about fr lange plaque, i should stand in the back.
ironman

Re: called Fr Jenkins office

Postby monk » 06 Apr 2010 0927

Guys:

I have been extremely busy lately, but I have caught just a few seconds of some stuff on TV as to the ND-Obama invite, that apparently has national media attention to some degree.

Here's my take, having dealt with tyrants and despots for almost 25 years. ND will damn well do what it wants. Only thing they have to face are some letters and a few mild on-campus protests. They will NOT reverse their decision. I'm not being confrontational to 'yall, here, but can you name me ONE TIME the senior ND admin. MADE a decision of this importance and then REVERSED IT -- BEFORE the event took place? I can't. For my money, the best commencement speaker would be, after Kent Durso and his overwhelming command of the King's English, George Wendt, the guy who played "Norm" in the TV series "Cheers" and who apparently got booted out of ND for having beer in his room -- and then became a multi-millionaire playing a loveable boozer, disproving ND's PR that the degree from ND is so damn important to being a success in life.

Monk.
monk

Postby edfitzpatrick » 06 Apr 2010 0927

Yeah, but Wendt learned how to mooch beers off unsuspecting undergrads while at ND so you have to admit his college education from ND, although truncated, was a career building block for him. Ed
edfitzpatrick

Postby ironman » 10 Apr 2010 0927

...the morons on campus sent me an automated message today wanting me to buy special Mothers Day Irish memorabilia, so naturally i emailed em back suggesting they drop the hypocritical support for mothers, when the university refuses to publicly reject pres obama's support for unmotherly abortion on demand.

i asked if they planned a special Irish pro-choice gift sale in conjunction with the commencement speech..

think they'll call me to discuss?
ironman

Postby monk » 10 Apr 2010 0927

Absolutely outstanding Kent:

You articulate my frustrations and disgust at this once religious university. I refuse to capitalize university, since that would make it a proper name, and there is nothing proper about the conduct of the administration. Just was watching the weather and noticed tornados looked like they might have touched down in Nashville. Stay safe, Bro.

Monk
monk

Return to Fr.Lange's Boys