Here come the Irish!

Here come the Irish!

Postby paulgill » 03 Aug 2010 0927

OK, guys, let's start thinking about our trip to the Auld Sod. We need to think about when to go, travel plans (Aer Lingus has flights from Chicago, Boston, Atlanta and New York), an itinerary, lodging, etc. Jed and I have been to Ireland a dozen times or so between us, and we both have suggestions about where to visit, lodging, pubs, etc. Mad Dog has been most recently, but he was in the North, so what the hell good is he? At any rate, let's start putting some ideas out there.

Paul
paulgill
Site Admin

Re: Here come the Irish!

Postby mikeburgener » 05 Aug 2010 0927

the north is beautiful with the giant causeway and the rope bridge as well as the bushmill distillery. dublin is an amazing city with the guinness factory being there---BUT---i want to see the other parts of ireland!!!
mikeburgener

Postby paulgill » 05 Aug 2010 0927

I want to take you guys to the Aran Islands, where the Gills come from. It is as wild and rugged as you can get.
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1290/111 ... 7a5c_b.jpg

Paul
paulgill
Site Admin

Postby efitzpatrick@shopoff.com » 05 Aug 2010 0927

So is Durso.
efitzpatrick@shopoff.com

Postby Dlange » 10 May 2010 0927

Has this trip already happened?
How about some Lange's coming along? Or meeting up with you over there...
It was nice to meet some of you this past weekend. What an honor to be a part of the reunion.

-Dawn (Stephen's wife)
Dlange

Postby geezerpower » 27 May 2010 0927

my celtic daughter (i have three phenotypes--the eldest is a classic brunhilde/german; the middle girl is prototypical neapolitan with olive skin, jet black hair; the youngest is the tallest, an inch taller than me and has red brown hair with green eyes and freckles, dna doubled down with irish on mother's side and scottish on paternal) will be in ireland and england next week; she will be part of the UT-Martin Honors Curriculum International Studies trip, extending about three weeks.

i will be here shoveling manure out of the barn.

Last bumped by Anonymous on 27 May 2010 0927.
geezerpower

Return to Ireland 2010